Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Never Played Before

While watching The Ohio State Buckeyes and the Texas Longhorns last night, the commentators said something which made me pause. At the start of the third quarter, they announced that Ohio State needed to “play like they never played before.”* Question: Would Ohio State have won the game had they played like they have been playing their whole lives instead of playing like they never played before?

*I understand what, I assume, they were trying to say. But come on guys, you have millions of people at home watching and listening, you should be able to speak with more articulation than that. You are contributing to the problem of poor grammatical and speech patterns in American culture.**

**If there are any grammatical errors in this post, I blame the commentators of the Ohio State-Texas game.

1 comment:

Permanent_Press said...

Oh, and they used the word "yardaged"

Is 'yard' a verb, or am I retarded?