Friday, January 2, 2009

La Musica

So I think my favorite cd this year was M83 - Saturdays = Youth. I love the amalgamation of electronic, 80s, shoegaze, pop and rock that became pretty popular over the last few years. I have been on the lookout for new bands fitting into this mold and once again, France comes through. The label's name is Valerie and I think they are somewhat recent. In fact, I am not even sure if they have any LPs. If you like the new dance electronic movement, you will definitely like their bands.  

The one I have been jamming to the most is Anoraak – Nightdrive With You. This is the cd that got me interested, so I grabbed everything else I could find.

Minitel Rose is a little more aggressive and fuller sounding. Definitely more dancelike.  

This dude College apparently runs the label. 

The Outrunners have a couple EPs called These Girls are Dressed to Kill and Cool Feeling.  

I'll be on the lookout for any other stuff.  I bet these guys do some things.  If you like it, buy it.  Support the good musicians.  Free market bitches!


 

No comments: