Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More Racism

A white man befriends a group of black folk by giving them chicken. This has got to be the most racist ad of the decade.



Seriously? How could KFC be so dumb to ...

Nahhhhhh. I'm just playing. Thought I was going to go off, eh?

I saw some controversy about this and immediately thought of what I was getting at about projection. Americans completely disregard the context of the ad and instead throw their own inner conflicts all over it.

I'm pretty sure those are West Indians dancing around cheering their team at a cricket match. I have no idea what cricket crowds are like, but if they are anything like soccer, that seems like an accurate scene. The white guy is clearly a fan of the opposing team. And this aired in Australia.

Did you see African Americans shuckin and jivin?

Liberal guilt?

No comments: