Tuesday, May 19, 2009

24 bars

When I die how many will stay in my wake
I pray the lord my soul you’ll take
Influential, I’ll be essential
Always mental, prodigious with a pencil
Show the kids where I went to
To figure out what I been through
Ask who I’m into
But it’s your own breakthrough
Cause religion aint what makes you
It’s what you do from this view
Detach from all you think is due
Enlightenment becomes attainable
Cause what you have is only temporary in time
A foolish mind thinks there’s always something to find
Caught up in a race with no end in sight
Uncertainty about the future blinds your mind with fright
See, dog, the way leads the way, you don’t have much to say
Put down the worries of the future, adopt the pleasures of today
Because at some point, you’re gonna wish you had
Thinking to yourself, man I turned into my dad
Once a young lad, but I only thought about the bad
It made me lose my youth, now all I can think about is sad
But be glad; life can be led on your terms
Life is a dance, let yourself go and enjoy the turns

No comments: